The Alumni Association is an organization that represents the achievement of our University’s mission and goals. The Alumni Association is a partner to the University, its students, and the community and has the potential to serve as a resource for advancement of the University, support and mentoring of students and for the professional development of its members. Alumni relationships with the alma mater should be lifelong relationships of mutual support and growth. With committed, positive leadership and University support the Hodges Alumni Association can accomplish this and much more!
The 2010-2015 time period promises to be an exciting time for the Hodges University Alumni Association. The aim of the strategic plan is to re-invigorate the Association and its members and to create an organization that provides valuable programs to support its alumni, its alma mater, the community, and current students. The plan was approved by University administration in September. With dedicated members and your support, we can make it happen!
Alumni Association President
The purpose of this plan is to create and implement a meaningful set of strategic goals to promote and support the Alumni Association and build lasting relationships with the University, its alumni, students and friends.
Hodges University Alumni Association will become a worthwhile "Must Participate” organization for graduates. The Alumni Association will become an integral and highly visible member of the Hodges community as well as a strategic partner in support of University mission, vision, and goals.
Mission of the Hodges University Alumni Association
The Mission of the Alumni Association is to support Hodges University, and to maintain the network of professional and social connections established as students in pursuit of lifelong learning.
This strategic plan concentrates on the following 9 goals:
- Awareness – to increase awareness of and membership in the Alumni Association through marketing, contact, and collaboration with alumni, students, the community and other University groups.
- Value – to offer valuable programs to promote lifelong relationships with alumni and position ourselves as a "Must Participate” organization.
- Engagement – to increase engagement so that the Alumni Association and the University will benefit from the diverse interests, talents, and backgrounds of our students and alumni.
- Family – to nurture the bonds that connect the Hodges family while re-connecting alumni and their families to the University and each other.
- Support Structure – promote the development of an Alumni Affairs Office with a Director, staff and budget to continue the mission of the Alumni Association in perpetuity. To develop an Alumni Association structure, Board and by-laws.
- Growth – to promote significant growth in membership through creating and nurturing partnerships and alliances inside and outside the University.
- Community Service – to encourage alumni to share their knowledge, talents, and resources with the community.
- Professional Development – to create a Professional Development program that will benefit alumni and students in their career goals.
- Advancement – to position the HU Alumni Association to advance the University.
The plan can be viewed in its entirety here: /resource/resmgr/docs/huaastrategicplan.pdf